Monday, October 23, 2006

Update on My Bill O'Reilly Post

Initially, I somehow missed the portion of the interview with President Bush where Bill first laments that he is the most attacked individual on the planet after Bush. Wow, great men bonding! But "Loofah Bill" wasn't done, he went on to shamelessly plug his book Culture Warrior to the President strenuously encouraging the President to "read the free copy I sent you." Bush was stunned - I honestly can't blame him.

I was embarrassed and I was watching a clip on TV. This guy is certifiable, he is like watching the proverbial train wreck - you want to avert your eyes but you're drawn to the carnage. BTW the reviews of the book echoed my assessment, that O'Reilly is a paranoid megalomaniac. In one interview hawking the book he even claimed to having been told by the FBI that he was on an al Queda hit list (YES, I AM SERIOUS, Fox staffers said they were unaware of any such threat). The man is simply just too much.

No comments: