Sunday, October 22, 2006

Steven A.Smith Pays Homage to Brother

From Phil Mushnck's column in today's NY Post.

Two weeks ago, ESPN 1050's Stephen A. Smith said he never celebrates
> his birthday because it's the anniversary of his brother's death.
> We're not sure why he'd choose to bring up such a sad, personal thing,
> but OK, he did.
>
> This past week, Smith spoke of how he's hung over, having spent the
> weekend drinking, clubbing and partying - in celebration of his birthday.
>
> Remarkable.
>
> An instant classic

Note, I also forwarded this on to Deadspin.com, a sports blog that is one of the Gawker family of blog sites. The host hadn't seen it loved it, I then requested a precious invite to become a Gawker contributor (I actually blogged about my desire to get one awhile ago) and I got one. I know it's ridiculous but I'm thrilled. Maybe the item will get mentioned on their site tomorrow. They are huge anti-fan of the chees doodle eating megalomanical Steven A.

If I'm able to figure out how to effectively link, I might actually generate a bit of traffic(I really mean any - not including my sister - a shout-out to you Mar!) to this self-indulgent blog.

UPDATE
Deadspin posted my tip! http://www.deadspin.com/sports/espn/stephen-a-loves-his-birthday-apparently-209475.php

No comments: