Sunday, September 28, 2008

Newt

I generally enjoy what the increasingly corpulent, excessively self-satisfied former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich.  But, I must agree with the WSJ editorial page that attacked him in their piece in support of the credit rescue bill.  He pontificates from on high and offers no substantive alternative.

The fact is that our government and its people have lived well beyond their means.  Attempts by people to counter the happy talk of our political leaders and many in the financial media were drowned out by the vast majority of Americans placing their over their ears while loudly repeating, "I can't hear you!   I can't hear you!"

If you think that the American people and the federal government are facing hard times ahead, you ain't seen nothing.  State and local governments are in dire straits (exceot for Alaska, thanks to energy tax revenue).  I'll have to dedicate a post to the issue.

No comments: