Saturday, December 30, 2006

Overthrowing A Dictator - The Expensive Way

No one said it would be cheap (wait a second Cheney, Wolfowitz and Perle all said it would) to rid the world of Saddam Hussein, but it's done. The only guy that could hold Iraq together is dead. So far it's only cost the US 3,000 lives over 20,000 casualties, $400 billion not to mention the costs borne by the Iraqis. I am at a loss as to what to say, I am numb. There is no satisfaction for me - no closure - no mission accomplished. I feel like I just got another ugly sweater from my wacky aunt that insists on planting sloppy kisses on my cheek - icky. The whole thing just sucks. Somehow Saddam managed to appear dignified and thereby become a martyr. Should he be? Absolutely not, but to those already convinced that the US is the Great Satan, another Arab has been slain by the Crusaders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the designation attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.