Monday, March 06, 2006

Miscellaneous Rambling

Spring is in the air, plants are showing life and hope is pervasive. Despite the fact that I dislike the cold, four distinct seasons are wonderful. The quiet deparation of winter gives way to the optimism of spring. I like to dream big in the spring and attempt to move some items into the completion column.

March madness is also upon us and thankfully the Hoosiers appear to have secured a spot. I really want the best for Mike Davis (and the Hoosiers, of course). I think he came into an almost impossible situation. He's a top drawer recruiter and a C-plus game coach. I believe his coaching instincts are good and he may become a top-flight coach if he finds the right spot. Irrespective of the difficulty inherent in the current job Mr. Davis is an extremely emotional fellow. He'll need to develop a thicker skin in order to be successful at a big time program (note, the fewer references he initially makes to the IU situation the better off he'll be). I have a lot of thoughts on this topic I may blog further in the future.

No comments: